Tennis San Jose
SJSRC offers 7 tennis courts (6 with lights) and a practice wall. Lessons, clinics, and USTA programs are available all year long. You don’t have to be a member of the club to participate in our lessons for juniors and clinics for adults. No court fees for tennis members; just talk to the front desk to reserve a court for your match or practice, 2 courts can be reserved up to 3 days in advance.
- Free use of ball machines and ball hoppers for tennis members
- Free tennis clinics available to all our members, 3 times weekly
- USTA leagues are active at SJSRC. You can join a tennis team and practice and play matches with players of similar abilities, for fun, exercise, and improvement of your game.
- Clinics are available for adults and kids of all ability levels, and you don’t have to be a member of the club:
- All clinics are offered to tennis members, fitness members, and non-members (3 different prices).
- A full schedule of Drop-In clinics for adults and juniors is available every week.
- 10-and-Under-Tennis is the state-of-the-art method for teaching tennis to kids. All SJSRC tennis coaches are certified to teach 10-and-Under-Tennis.
- Private, semi-private, and group lessons available
- Racquets, balls, grips, stringing services, and other tennis accessories are available in our Pro Shop
- Junior Team Tennis and Interclub are active programs
- Summer and Winter Tennis Camps are offered for the kids
- Social Tennis Mixers and Bocce Ball Mixers are a great way to meet other players and socialize in a relaxed setting
Below is the schedule for 2017 Fall through 2018 Winter, effective August 12, 2017. All classes except for High Performance are drop-in. When you come for the first time, simply stop in at the front desk to register and pay for the clinic you want. You can purchase one at a time or an 8-pack […]
SJSRC offers a variety of tennis clinics for adults designed to help you improve your game. All clinics are drop-in. Private, semi-private, and specialized small-group lessons are also available. Check with Reno or Phil at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Download and Print the Adult Tennis Clinic Schedule.
Every month, SJSRC and nearby clubs and facilities offer red-ball, orange-ball, and green-ball “match play” events for our junior tennis players! SJSRC has joined forces with other clubs in the area to provide opportunities for play each month. All participating pros are preparing the kids for match play, and have agreed to advance kids to […]
Tip #5 How to find the proper grip size: Manufactured tennis racquet grip sizes range from less than 4″ for juniors to 4 7/8″ for the largest adult hands. This might not seem like much of a range, but the difference even 1/8″ makes is surprising. Prolonged use of too large or especially too small […]