San Jose Swim & Racquet Club’s Tennis Program offers something for everyone. Whether you want to learn tennis from scratch, improve one particular stroke, get an aerobic workout, or set up a lesson for your entire USTA tennis team, our tennis pros are here to serve you.
Reno Davenport, Director of Tennis
Reno joined San Jose Swim & Racquet Club in 1986 as a member. He became Head Professional in 2002 and was promoted to Director of Tennis in mid-2012. You’ll see him on the court teaching clinics such as an Adult Beginner’s class, “Get in the Game” workouts, Advanced Doubles, and many of the junior clinics.
- PTR Tennis Professional, Adult and Junior Development.
- USTA 10-and-Under Certification, USTA High Performance Coach.
- 2014 PTR Pro of the Year for California
- Former Head Tennis Coach at Bellarmine College Prep and Presentation High School.
- Active Captain and Player in USTA Leagues: Men’s 4.0 and 4.5, Combo Men’s 7.5 and 8.5, Mixed 7.0 and 8.0, 50 Mixed 7.0 and 8.0, Senior Men’s 4.0, Super Senior 60 Men’s 8.0, and Super Senior 65 Men’s 8.0. He has played over 500 USTA matches and captained 50+ teams.
- USTA Adult League Committee member. Chairman, USTA Sportsmanship Grievance Committee. 2009 USTA Norcal League Volunteer of the Year.
- USTA Life Member.
- Wilson Tennis Team Member.
Before beginning his tennis career, Reno worked in high-tech and served in the US Navy.
Contact Reno at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-316-8805.
Phil joined San Jose Swim & Racquet Club in 2016 after serving as Head Pro for Silicon Valley Tennis Academy for 6 years. Phil trains and mentors juniors and adults at various skill levels and develops them into competitive players. He has a comprehensive training regime from game mechanics to mental strategy and fitness. You’ll see Phil on the court teaching the Adult Drop-in clinics for all levels of players from 2.0 to 5.0. He also teaches the Jr. Orange Ball and Green Ball classes, and the performance clinics for our advanced Yellow Ball juniors.
- PTR Professional, Junior Development.
- USPTA Tennis Professional.
- USPTA 2015 Rookie Coach of the Year.
- USPTA 2016 Player of the Year.
- USTA High Performance Development.
- National Coach for Zonals 2016-2017.
- Bay Club Men’s Open 2015 Singles Champion.
- Active Player in USTA Leagues: Men’s 5.0, Combo Men’s 9.5, and Mixed 10.0.
- All American Player 2008 Doubles and Singles.
- Team Manager for USTA Norcal Zonals.
- Assistant Tennis Coach for Foothill College.
Contact Phil at email@example.com or 510-812-2670.
Keith Adams, Teaching Pro
Keith returned to San Jose Swim & Racquet Club in 2012 after serving as Director of Tennis and Staff Professional at Decathlon Club for 4 years. Keith previously worked at SJSRC from 2004 to 2006. Keith has been coaching tennis since 1996. Keith is also our local Stringer and help you with new strings for your racquet.
- PTR Professional, Adult and Junior Development.
- USTA Certified for 10-and-Under Tennis.
- Certified personal fitness trainer with National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- Certified cardio tennis & tennis conditioning instructor.
- Active Player and Captain in USTA Leagues: Men’s 4.5, Combo Men’s 8.5, and Mixed 8.0.
- Certified ball kids trainer.
- Former coach to varsity men’s team at Wilcox High School (Santa Clara)
Before becoming a tennis coach, Keith worked in high tech for many companies in the Bay Area.
Contact Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-209-9888.
Leslie Johnson, Instructor of Jr. Development
Leslie joined San Jose Swim & Racquet Club in 2011 after escaping from the high-tech world. You’ll see Leslie on the court teaching the Jr. Red Ball classes.
- PTR Instructor, Adult and Junior Development.
- USTA Certified Recreational Coach, and USTA 10-and-Under Tennis Coach.
- Tennis Instructor for Willow Glen and St. Leo the Great Elementary Schools: after-school tennis programs on the blacktop for elementary-school kids.
- Founding member and Secretary of Benchmark Tennis, a non-profit organization that provides play events for kids and sets for standards for advancement.
- Coach for USTA Junior Team Tennis League and Interclub (Green, Orange, and Red-Ball).
- Active Captain and Player in USTA Leagues: Women’s 3.0 and 3.5, Combo Women’s 5.5 and 6.5, Mixed 6.0.
- USTA Captain of the Month,
- USTA Adult League Committee member. 2011 USTA Norcal League Volunteer of the Year.
- Kinesio Tape Rock Doc, certified in Level 1 Fascial Movement Taping.
Before becoming a tennis coach, Leslie worked in high-tech for 23 years.
Contact Leslie at email@example.com or 408-499-5387.
Elliot Kevane, PTR Associate Instructor, Jr. Development
Isabelle Randazzo, PTR Associate Instructor, Jr. Development
Andrew Sims, PTR Associate Instructor, Jr. Development
Sara Morgan, PTR Associate Instructor, Jr. Development
Olivia Massey, PTR Associate Instructor, Jr. Development
Liz Westergren, PTR Professional, Adult and Jr. Development
Tennis Pro San Jose